Last Updated: February 14, 2017
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of different ways:
Information You Give Us. We collect and store your name, email address, username, password, demographic information (such as the city in which you live, work or study) as well as other information you directly give us on our Platform, such as your ratings, criteria and vicinity preferences, comments and others. The information that you contribute is intended for public consumption, including your ratings, photos, check-ins, comments, points, account profile and other information. We may display this information through the Platform and share it with other businesses, third party websites or other services.
The Place Tempo App is about finding the best places in your vicinity to work remotely or study. To do this, we need to access your location. When you open Place Tempo on your mobile or tablet device, and allow access to your GPS, we receive your location and the App adjusts accordingly. Also, once you allow the App to access your camera and photo library, you are able to choose photos of locations that the App can then upload and then post.
We share your ratings, comments and photos, as this Platform uses crowd sourcing to show our users the best locations based on their specific criteria. This user generated information helps others find an ideal place to work or study. We also retain and can use past ratings, comments, photos and other information a user might provide to help predict the environment of a location at a future time.
The username that you submitted through the registration process will be publicly displayed on your comments, photos and ratings, as part of your account profile. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by emailing us and flagging the content.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Platform.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your device. For example, when visiting our Platform, we log your computer, mobile device or tablet operating system type, browser type, browser language, IP address, your mobile carrier, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geo-location and GPS location), the website you visited before browsing on our website, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, whether you are an active user of the App, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Platform.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and improve our Platforms, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to provide the Platform’s functionality, to improve the Platform’s quality, to personalize your experience on the Platform, to market the Platform, to back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, and enhance the security of the Platform.
- We use your personal information to deliver deals and relevant ads, calculate your helper rewards, and send you helper points emails and leader board points.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, change of password, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, flag, investigate, ban and otherwise deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, inappropriate or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services that our customers and users request.
- We use your personal information to collect analytics about our Platform.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Place Tempo does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own deals or marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information with companies or organizations connected or affiliated with Place Tempo, such as subsidiaries, sister-companies and parent companies. Personal information may also be shared with Place Tempo’s other partners and service providers. We may share personal information when we do a business deal, such as a sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information to protect the rights and property of Place Tempo, our agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and terms of service.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also use and share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing and helper points emails tell you how to “unsubscribe”. If you unsubscribe, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of the App, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our website works for you. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information and user content submitted to us, both during transmission and upon receipt. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or on a mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Although we try to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we do not and cannot guarantee absolute security.
You agree that you have read and accepted our Terms of Service (https://www.placetempo.com/terms), which is incorporated by reference herein.
Place Tempo, Inc.
ATTN: S. Hostyk
1700 Rockville Pike, Suite 400
Rockville, MD 20852